NEW! EB Fellowship Program - EB Advice
We are pleased to announce EB Advice, a new initiative of DEBRA Canada and the Dermatology Department of The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) to help support patients and families affected by EB throughout Canada. SickKids’ EB clinic was founded in 2004 and currently follows over 100 patients with different types of EB. Unfortunately not all EB families have access to EB specialists. We aim to fill this gap by building partnerships with primary health providers to ensure EB patients receive support and guidance in their care via a newly developed email help line.
How we can help:
- We check EB.email@example.com on a weekly basis to receive medical questions from health care providers, as well as EB patients, families seeking for advice regarding this condition.
- While we cannot provide direct medical advice to families, with consent we will work with a patient’s health care provider, providing medical advice to them and helping them access the information needed.
- If patients are having an medical emergency they should access local care. This email account is not a substitute for timely medical attention.
We are not able to:
- Provide direct medical care to patients’ inquiries
- Provide prescriptions for medications
- Be responsible for patients’ direct health care
- Please fill out the PDF form with all applicable fields/information filled in, and hit/"submit". Your form will automatically be emailed to EB.firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a health care provider reaches out directly regarding a patient, we will ensure consent is in place before answering specific questions
- We commit to answering all emails within a week